First point: The fig spread, amaretto, and coriander are how I made these this time. You can swap them out for any jam, liquid flavouring, and spice combination you find appealing.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C
2. Soften the butter if it's not at room temperature, by using the defrost setting on the microwave. It's got a button for that, I swear.
3. Blend the butter, sugar, coriander, and amaretto until smooth.
4. Add milk, then flour. Mix until you get something approximately the consistency of pie dough. It should be a little more forgiving and less crumby than a pie crust.
5. Split the dough into almost half and use the small half to make eight balls.
6. (Grease yo damn cookie sheet.)
7. Squish dough balls until really really flat on cookie sheet. Flat liek woah. Leave about 1cm between them, because they are going to spread.
8. Put a tablespoon of fig spread in the middle of each cookie.
9. Split the larger half of the dough into eight parts and press it with your palms to make lids for the cookies. (This is a pisser. You'll fuck it up a few times.)
10. Put the lids on the cookies, flute the edges with a fork, and poke holes in the tops, to keep them from exploding.
11. Bake for ... 7-10 minutes? Keep an eye on them. They cook fast as fuck.